Things I liked:Accuracy and Modification Potential. I like the simplicity of it all. Things I would have changed:Nothing. Half of the fun is making replacement parts so keep it as cheap as possible. What others should know:Accuracy is good after tweaking the sights. It has a slight recoil because the trigger releases a small spring piston to pop open the exhaust valve
1. Modify the trigger mechanism by polishing and lubricating. (Use a good moly based lube). Also, as other reviewers have stated, yield the spring underneath the grips by compressing it closed in a vice. All of this makes the trigger very light.
2. Currently making grips using a jigsaw, Dremel, drill, and sandpaper. (Cut blanks using the jig saw. Pocket the blanks to fit the frame using the Dremel's router attachment. Paint the stubs and threaded hole on the frame and press blanks against the frame to transfer hole positions while the paint is still wet. Drill. Screw blanks to frame and trace frame outline. Use dremel sanding drums to contour the blanks to the final shape. Smooth with sandpaper.) Did one side. Need to do the other side now.
3. Bought a steel breech from Crosman. Will install it after the grips are done. The gun really doesn't need it but I like steel better than plastic.
Things I liked:This is a very accurate pistol and the trigger is nice. Things I would have changed:The rear sight moves around a lot in its stock form. What others should know: I epoxied (with shredded fiber glass filler) the small hex nut for the rear sight elevation adjustment to the top pump arm and applied Teflon tape to the elevation adjustment screw. Now it is stable.
Just did a general deburr, cleaning, and lube job before shooting it. It only took an hour. It has held up fine after 2000+ pellets.
Accuracy is very good even with the inexpensive Crosman hollow point pellets. I tried a dot scope in the middle of the rails on the top pump arm but it was inaccurate since the top pump arm flexes and the amount of flex changes between each pump. The stock sights remain stable after doing the above modification since they are close to the hinge point and pump arm locking hammer.
This turned out to be a very nice and cheap air gun but you do have to work a little to get it there.
Things I liked:Pretty fun to shoot cans with but not very accurate. The CO2 mechanism is very efficient and tight. Things I would have changed:How the barrel locks to the frame in shooting position. What others should know:This is not an accurate gun but it is fun for making soda cans dance.
The lack of accuracy comes how the barrel locks to the frame after loading a magazine. (There is a small plastic tab on the top that "latches" the barrel down.) There is slop left to right and top to bottom. Still thinking about a way to put a spring/ball or taper latch on it to lock the barrel into a stable position.
Things I liked:Accuracy and weight. This is a very very good value gun. Things I would have changed:I would get rid of the included scope and make it cheaper. I put the scope that came with this on a Daisy 880 and put a nice adjustable BSA scope on it. What others should know:I just did a barrel cleaning, applied loctite on all the screws, lubed/polished the trigger, and then went shooting. After a little scope sighting and a tin of pellets to break it in, it shoots great.
Things I liked:The accuracy out of this lowest cost rifle is astounding. It is very different from shooting a springer because it is pneumatic: Hold insensitive, no recoil, do not have to torque scope mounts down to tight etc.. Things I would have changed:Nothing. It is cheap and very accurate. Very easy to get 50 bucks worth of fun out of it. (Think about it, dinner and a movie for one night costs more now days. You can buy this, a Crosman 1377 pistol and some pellets from Pyramyd and still come out ahead :-)) What others should know:People say the trigger cannot be modified but this is not true.
1. Take the gun apart
2. There is a spring on the exhaust valve. Cut some coils off until the valve is pressed only lightly against the exhaust port. The spring only needs to seat the valve, the valve will seal tightly after the first pump since the air pressure is working with the spring.
3. Apply moly based lube to the little sear/trigger engagement ledge and pivot pins.
4. Cut a closed end off the spring behind the trigger to shorten it by approximately 1/16th of an inch.
This cut my trigger pull weight by half (approximately 2.5 lbs.)
I know it is crazy to mod a low cost gun like this but I like to tinker.
Cold, UV sunlight light and general use will crack the plastic after a while but then you can practice plastic welding :-).