- Air Gun Manuals
Main Operating Loading Firing Adjustments Safety Operating the Safety
To Put the Air Rifle "ON SAFE"
- Locate the safety directly in front of the trigger.
- Push the safety from the left side all the way in. The safety is not "On Safe" unless it is pushed all the way in and the RED ring around the safety is not showing. The air rifle will not fire when "On Safe." Even when the safety is "On Safe," you should continue to handle the air rifle safely. Do not ever point the air rifle at any person.
To Take the Air Rifle "OFF SAFE"
- Push the safety from the right side all the way in. When you can see the RED ring around the safety, the air rifle is "Off Safe" and can be fired.
Pumping Your Air Rifle
- Open the forearm all the way until it stops. Be sure to hold the forearm firmly as you open it. It could spring back into the closed position, possibly causing injury. Place your hands in the same positions shown in Fig. 2 in order to avoid being pinched, should you loose hold of the forearm. Do not twist the forearm while pumping. Use straight strokes to prevent breakage.
- Be sure to use at least two pumps to prevent the barrel from jamming with a BB or a pellet remaining in the barrel after firing.
- Return the forearm to the original closed position with a smooth stroke. Be sure to hold the forearm firmly as you close it to prevent it from springing open and possibly causing injury.
- WARNING: NEVER PUMP YOUR AIRGUN MORE THAN EIGHT TIMES. OVERPUMPING GIVES ONLY A SLIGHT INCREASE IN POWER AND CAN CAUSE MAJOR DAMAGE TO YOUR AIRGUN. PUMPING MORE THAN EIGHT TIMES MAY ALSO LEAVE A SMALL AMOUNT OF AIR IN THE AIRGUN WHICH MAY ALLOW YOU TO FIRE A SECOND SHOT WITHOUT ADDITIONAL PUMPING.
Removing a Jammed Pellet
- Put the air rifle "On Safe."
- Open the bolt.
- Insert a cleaning rod or ramrod of the proper size into the barrel (start at the muzzel). The barrel could be damaged if the proper sized cleaning rod or ramrod is not used.
- Push the jammed pellet into the pellt loading port (forward of the bolt). (Fig 7).
- Do not try to reuse that pellet.
- If you are not able to unjam your air rifle by following this procedure, take no further action. Benjamin Sheridan Corporation or an Authorized Service Station will unjam your air rifle.
Main Operating Loading Firing Adjustments Safety