- Air Gun Manuals
Main Operating Loading Firing Adjustments Safety Aiming and Firing Safely
Main Operating Loading Firing Adjustments Safety
- You and others with you should always wear shooting glasses to protect your eyes.
- Never point a gun at a person.
- Never load your gun until you are ready to shoot in a safe direction.
- Never put a gun away loaded.
- Never re-use ammunition.
- Always ensure you use the correct caliber ammunition.
- Always treat your gun as if it were loaded and with the appropriate level of respect a loaded firearm demands.
- Always keep your finger off the trigger and outside the trigger guard until you are ready to shoot.
- Do not shoot at hard surfaces or at the surface of water. The pellet may bounce off or ricochet and hit someone or something you had not intended to hit.
- Always choose your target carefully. It is best to shoot at paper bullseye targets which are attached to a safe backstop such as the Crosman 850 Target Trap. A heavy blanket should be hung behind the Target Trap to prevent ricochet should you miss the backstop.
- Your backstop should be checked for wear before and after each use. Replace your backstop if the surface is worn or damaged or if a ricochet occurs.
- Your air rifle is designed for target shooting and is suited for both indoor and outdoor use. Always remember to place your target carefully. Think about what you will hit if you miss the target.