At Pyramyd Air, we're committed to being your one-stop shop for airsoft guns and airsoft accessories, bringing together a countless selection of big names and popular models under one roof. However, if you are new to the world of airsoft, you may need a little help selecting the accessories that are right for you.
Choosing an Airsoft Gun
- Spring-piston Airsoft Guns: Requiring the user to pump or cock the gun every time, these guns are ideal for target practice and airsoft games that take place in close quarters. With a relatively low price tag and no need for investing in extra gas or batteries, they are also a great choice for the first time airsoft gun buyer.
- Gas Airsoft Guns: Powered by carbon dioxide or green gas, these airsoft guns are the choice of the more serious airsoft enthusiast. The advantages of the gas powered gun include a realistic shooting experience with superior power and shooting distance.
- Automatic Electric (AEG): More powerful and usually more accurate than the other types of airsoft guns, an AEG is a spring-piston gun with a small motor that cocks the piston automatically – offering the ability to fire both semi-automatically (one shot with each pull of the trigger) or fully automatic (gun fires continuously when the trigger is pulled).
- Goggles: Never supplement shatter resistant safety glasses for other types of eyewear.
- Masks: In addition to providing superior protection to the eyes, full masks offer protection to the cheeks, teeth and ears.
- Gloves: Tactical gloves with padding or carbon fiber not only keep your hands warm, but they offer added protection.
For AEG powered Airsoft guns a small electric motor is responsible for cocking the piston automatically (It’s this action that allows the gun to be fired either semi-automatically or automatically). While inexpensive AEGs will operate on a typical AA battery, more advanced airsoft guns will require a rechargeable battery.
Points to consider when shopping for an airsoft battery:
- mAH Rating - The mAH rating tells you how much power the battery holds. Take note, however, that the higher the mAH rating, the larger the battery.
- Voltage - Think of voltage as you would horsepower – meaning that the voltage of a battery determines the rate at which the power flows out of the battery
Other Airsoft Accessories:
- Airsoft Gas/CO2: Stay in the game by stocking up on green gas or CO2.
- Barrel Extensions and Suppressors: Enhance the look of your airsoft gun with a barrel extension or suppressor.
- Bipods: Designed to keep your gun stable while shooting, bipods attach to your gun, with the feet resting on the ground for more accurate long range shots.
- Traps and Targets: From paper targets to resettable traps, airsoft targets are a must for honing your shooting ability.