- Air Gun Manuals
Crossman Models 1008: Loading Main
| Safety Loading Pellets
NOTE:Use .177 caliber pellets only in you Models 1008 and 1710. Use .22 caliber pellets only in your Model 2210. Never reuse pellets.
- Put the air pistol "On Safe".
- Point the air pistol in a SAFE DIRECTION.
- Press barrel latch button toward the front sight until the barrel pops open (Fig. 5). DO NOT PULL THE BARREL UPWARD BEYOND THIS POINT. This could damage your air pistol. The air pistol will not fire when the barrel is in the open position.
- Remove the pellet clip and place a pellet, nose first, in each pellet chamber.
- Replace the pellet clip on the barrel (ratchet teeth facing the frong sight).
- Close the air pistol by pushing downward on the barrel until it locks into place.
- Put the air pistol "On Safe."
- Open the barrel.
- Remove the pellet clip. Using a ramrod, gently push each pellet out of the pellet chamber. IMPORTANT: Never use sharp metal tools to remove pellets.
- Check to make sure the barrel is completely unloaded by pointing the muzzle toward an object with a light background and looking through the breech. If there is a pellet in the barrel, push the pellet out of the muzzle end of the barrel using a ramrod of the proper size.
- Replace the empty pellet clip (ratchet teeth facing the frong) on the barrel (See Fig. 6).
- Close the air pistol by pushing downward of the barrel until it locks into place. (Be careful not to pinch your hand or fingers.)