Gamo HUNTER air rifle Owner's Manual Main
| Safety Operation of the safety
The safety catch located in front of the trigger. The safety is on when the lever is in the rear position (near the trigger) To release the trigger, move the lever to the forward position (away from the trigger). The basic safety rules are:
1. Treat every rifle as if it is loaded.
2. Never point a rifle at anyone, or allow anyone to point a rifle at you even if you think it is not loaded.
3. Always carry the rifle so that the direction of the muzzle is under control even if you stumble.
4. Always be sure of your target and what lies behind it before you squeeze the trigger.
5. Never leave a loaded rifle unattended.
6. Beware of targets that tend to cause ricochets. Routine care
1. Do not fire the rifle without a pellet in the barrel. The only time you have to do this is when adjusting the trigger pull.
2. Do not leave the rifle loaded or cocked when not in use. Leaving it cocked will reduce the life of the mainspring.
3. After use, wipe the rifle with an oily rag to prevent corrosion.
4. Occasionally apply three or four drops of gun oil to:
a) Piston skirt. Access is through the loading lever slot in the stock and body tube assembly.
b) Area of body tube contacted by loading lever stop pin,adjacent to loading lever slot,(very occasionally when stock is removed).
c) Trigger mechanism fulcrum pins (very occasionally when stock is removed).
d) Safe slide.
e) Barrel pivot.
f) Loading lever fulcrum pin.
g)Piston seal . Access is through the air free hole in the breech face. Important, serious damage to the piston seal may result if it is excessively lubricated
h) Barrel locking plunger. Main