The pistol TAU-7 is a single shot CO2 pistol designed for competition and training shooting. Characteristics of the pistol fully comply with requirements of UIT rules of international discipline "air pistol" at a distance of 10 meters. The pistol offers high level of shotting, stability during shooting as well as a lot of adjustable elements which help the shooter to adapt the pistol to his needs. New trigger mechanism, accurate micrometer sights, deep holding, minimum force when handling the pistol and quick action of mechanism give the shooter all prerequisites to achieve a record performance.
Source of energy: 7/12g CO2 bottle CO2 container - 125 cm3 of the bottle
Number of shots per one charge: about 60-150 depending on V0 setting
Dimenstions: 400/420/x155x49.5 mm
Weight: 1.05 kg
Length of barrel: 260 mm
Calibre: 4.5 mm
Distance between sights: 350 mm
Muzzle velocity V0: 100 - 150 m/s, it depends on setting
Dispersion at 10 m: max. 9 mm (5xDlABOLO)
Position of barrel axis above hand: 0 mm
Trigger resistance: 4.9 N (3 to 8 N adjustable)
Length of trigger stroke: 0.3 to 3 mm - adjustable
Adjustable are also trigger characteristics, trigger stop, additional balance weight, distance between sights and exchangeable elements of sights.
C A U T I O N !
READ THOROUGHLY THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE BEFORE USING THE PISTOL !
1. To get the pistol ready for shooting
Pistol TAU-7 is a single shot pistol using CO2 gas pressure for expelling the cartridge from barrel. The weapon is filled with gas from a 7/12g bottle or from large pressure cylinders through the relief valve.
1.1 To fill gas container
- the gas container is filled from 125 g gas bottle through the relief valve - make sure there is no cartridge in the cartridge chamber
- cock the striking mechanism by pushing the striking hammer: thus the charging valve is closed and no leakage of gas may appear - remove cover of the relief valve screw 125g CO2 bottle on relief valve thread and tighten is slowly until the shut-off valve of bottle opens (opening is accompanied by hissing and rapid cooling down of container). Perform several times (2x - 3x) no-load shot, which results in undercooling of container and its proper filling - position the weapon for about 3 minutes with the barrel downwards for the container to be filled up - unscrew the bottle from relief valve - reinstall cover on the relief valve
- make sure the container is properly filled up, release the cocked mechanism and check to see that the mechanism works reliably.
1.2 To use 7/12g CO2 bottle
- make sure there Is no cartridge in the cartridge chamber - pushing the striking hemmer cock the striking mechanism of the pistol.
The charging valve closes and no leakage of gas may appear - perform no-load shot to see that the pistol is not under pressure - if there is pressure in the weapon, discharge gas by pressing the striking hammer backwards - screw out the piercer (relief valve) - check by hand to see that surface for piercer packing is clean - insert the bottle with its neck out of the gas container - screw on the TAU piercer to pierce the bottle - on piercing the bottle, greater resistance is felt when tightening or hissing sound is heard. You can use barrel spanner (accessories-box) to tighten the nut Perform no-load shot to check whether the weapon is under pressure or not. We recommend to grease from time to time the incidence cone of the vessel and check the piercer "0" packing ring.
This can be done when replacing the bottle. Carbon dioxide causes swelling of this packing ring. However, swelling does not take long time and disappears after 1 to 3 hours
- exchange the piercer when replacing the bottle to avoid damage of packing ring
1.3 To load the weapon
- after the last shot, open the cartridge chamber by pushing the button of breech guard and tilting the breech up and forward - insert DIABOLO cartridge into the chamber and press it in position and see that it does not protrude out
- close and lock the breech by tilting down and pressing on the breech ("click" sound)
- cock the staking hammer by moving it forward the hammer Is moved to shooting position ("click" sound)
- on squeezing the trigger the staking mechanism is released and gas enters the cartridge chamber (shot takes place)
1.4 To unload the weapon
- open and tilt up the breech
- hold the staking hammer caught In the position Of shot firmly by fingers of one hand
- press the trigger and release the striking mechanism, release slowly (brake) by hand the staking hammer, the staking spring should return the hammer into initial position where It bears against the charging valve - remove the cartridge from carnage chamber (use a pointed object to this end)
1.5 To discharge gas residue
- gas residue can be discharged by pressing down the lug of hammer against the direction of cocking It Is not recommended to let the pistol under constant pressure for a long time (long-term storage) C a u t i o n when transporting and string, the pistol Is not allowed to be exposed to pressure and temperature being higher than 50C
2. To adjust the pistol
Sights when - using the rear sight knobs it is possible to set precise correction zeroing the weapon The right hand side knob is used to set horizontal shift while left hand side knob is used to adjust the trajectory height Direction of hit displacement is marked on upper surface of the flap. One shift = "click" makes 2 4 mm at a distance of 10 metres In both directions. Special accessories include exchangeable front sights as well as rear sights Inserts which can be replaced after releasing the screws It is possible to combine them which reaped to the shooter's eyes and visibility
3. To balance the pistol
Respecting Individual requirements, It is possible to add or remove weight on barrel or on the rear weight carrier The weight can be set and secured by means of screw from below and so to match the weight distribution whit the shooters needs It is also possible to shaft along the barrel the front sight base backwards and thus to shorten the distance between sights, which is convenient for initial training of shooters. Opening for mounting the rear weight is made in the rear part of frame under the rear sight carper
4. Trigger mechanism
The trigger mechanism constructor provides regular and long-term contact function and resistance It is composed of reducing lever. flat trigger sear with set screws, trigger rocker arm with adjustable trigger and the stop screw
4.1 To adjust trigger position
Loosen screw 67 and adjust Its optimum position according to the length of finger on the trigger rocker arm 24
4.2 To adjust trigger resistance
The resistance set screw is positioned In the front part of the trigger guard When tubing the screw rightward the resistance Increases and vice versa
4.3 To adjust trigger characteristics
The trigger mechanism is factory-adjusted to double-pull travel Using set screw 47B,C In trigger sear ahead of the tongue It Is possible to adjust single-pull travel with a longer continuous or very short travel, so called "point trigger"
The basic double-pull travel of trigger is done In the following way cock the striking hammer and tighten the rear screw 47C until shot takes place Then loosen the screw by one turn back. Do the same with the front screw 47B of second travel, but now turn the screw back by one and half turn It Is very easy to adjust the single-pull travel from basic double-pull trigger If you want to adjust the so called "point trigger", tighten the front screw 47B by about one turn. The continuous single-pull length of trigger is achieved by releasing the same screw by about half turn. Generally, tightening of screws 47B and C results in shortening of the trigger pull and vice versa
When adjusting, do not turn the screws more than 1/4 of tum at a time, check the adjustment by no-load shot It may happen that cocked pistol cannot be tnggered In such a case the trigger stop 47A is excessively tightened or screw 47B and C are excessively loose. On the other hand, If one of screw 47B,C Is excessively tightened, the hammer cannot be cocked Adjustment of trigger characteristics is demanding task and can be done only by experienced workers
4.4 To adjust the trigger stop
The screw of trigger stop, position 47A Is located behind the trigger tongue The adjustment Is simply made with the weapon cocked and loaded so that the screw is first by half a tum tighten and then slowly released whale pressing the trigger until the shot takes place. No tight
adjustment Is recommended because the trigger "fall-over" is minimum even without stop and, on the other hand, the excessively tightened stop could cause delayed shot
5. To adjust muzzle velocity V0
The muzzle velocity is factory-adjusted to an optimum velocity Of 120 - 150 m/s according to the ammunition used The weapon is sealed by the manufacturer. The muzzle velocity can be readjusted by means of screw 20
6. Operation and maintenance
WIth reaped to physical properties of liquefied CO2 the range of working temperature is from 0 to 40C. Do not expose the weapon to a temperature above 50C. Maintenance of the weapon requires occasional cleaning and greasing Repairs should be done In manufacturer's plant