If you shoot a lightweight pellet so its velocity exceeds the speed of sound, it could result in your pellet breaking the sound barrier and the gun being louder than expected! The speed of sound depends on humidity, temperature and altitude. Generally speaking, it's between 1,060 fps and 1,115 fps.
Here are the benefits of the Nitro Piston:
- Titan GP rifle
- Gas piston
- Ambidextrous, ergonomic thumbhole stock
- Dual raised cheekpieces
- Muzzlebrake for added leverage
- 2-stage adjustable trigger
- Reduced vibration due to the gas piston
- Much quieter than other breakbarrels
- Includes unmounted 4x32 scope & mount (no open sights)
Click on the ammo link for recommended pellets & the accessories link for safety glasses, targets & more.
- Smoother cocking
- Smoother shooting
- No spring torque
- No spring fatigue, even if you leave it cocked for hours
- Functions perfectly in cold weather
- Lasts longer than a metal spring
This is the future of spring guns...the gas piston powerplant. No need to get pummeled with recoil or miss a target due to rough shooting characteristics. To find a breakbarrel that shoots this smooth, you'd have to pay a lot more money. The Crosman Titan is a bargain waiting to be discovered!