Writing as B.B. Pelletier
This report covers:
- Several entries
- Norica bullpup
- Nerf gun
- Two great entries!
- Maximus Blowhardus
- Learned something
- Spaghetti blowgun
- Catapult gun
- Without further ado, My plinker:
- Some of the features I incorporated:
- Penny shooter
- The simplest entrant
- A hard job
Today we learn who is the winner of the Design an Airgun contest. It began on September 10 and was supposed to end at the end of the month, but several readers asked me to extend the closing, so I did. The contest ended last Friday, October 16.
There were several entries. Some were blue sky dreams and nothing was built. I didn’t take them seriously. But some folks submitted more than one entry and they built all of theirs. I considered everything on the basis of the contest rules, which were:
1. I’m guessing it will be a BB gun, but it doesn’t have to be.
2. I’m guessing it will be a smoothbore, but again, it doesn’t have to be.
3. When I say build an airgun, it doesn’t have to work with compressed air.
4. It can be any kind of powerplant — so long as it doesn’t use an explosion to launch the missile.
5. The winner would be the niftiest design that the most people could build.