by Tom Gaylord
Writing as B.B. Pelletier
This report covers:
- The test
- First up
- H&N Baracuda Match with 4.50mm heads
- Heavier pellets were too long
- H&N Baracuda Match with 4.53mm heads
- Baracuda with 4.52mm head
- Baracuda Match 4.50mm the second time
- Baracuda Match 4.53mm the second time
Today we discover whether cleaning the barrel of the Air Venturi TR5 Multi-Shot Target Air Rifle makes any difference to the accuracy. I am going the extra mile on this airgun because it satisfies a large group of shooters who just want an accurate plinking rifle. No, it’s not a target rifle despite the name. But is it a handy and compact spring-piston plinker that sells for a reasonable price?
I shot the rifle from 10 meters off a sandbag rest. I held the rifle in a non-artillery-hold way, with my off hand around the forearm. I had mounted the UTG Micro Reflex dot sight because I felt the rear sight notch might be a little too broad for the best accuracy. All groups will be 5-shot groups until I find a pellet that’s accurate.