CO2 air rifles and pistols use precharged canisters of Carbon Dioxide to power their shots. Although commonly powered by 12-gram cartridges, they are available in 8g and 22g versions, as well. Shooters get excited about CO2 airguns because they represent a straightforward and rewarding way to shoot—there is no pumping, no external air tanks, and many fire repeating shots.
To ensure the longest life and best possible function from your CO2 air rifle or pistol, be sure to follow these helpful guidelines:
1. Always use Crosman Pellgun Oil: Place Pellgun Oil on the tips of your CO2 cartridges before putting them into your CO2 gun. While you do not need to apply it each time, try for at least every other cartridge to keep your seals in tip-top shape.
2. Never Leave CO2 in your Airgun: Leaving CO2 in your gun longer than 24-48 hours can have a detrimental effect on the integrity of the seals and create issues with the CO2 sealing in the future. For more info read the Pyramyd Air Blog article “How Long Can CO2 Airguns be Left Charged.”
3. Temperature Affects CO2 Guns: Your CO2 Air rifle or pistol will function best when the temperature is between 70 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit. Below 50 degrees you will experience low power from your CO2 gun. If it is too hot outside, the valve may fail to fire, so be sure to keep your guns in the shade on hot days.
4. Do Not Leave CO2 Cartridges in the Heat: Do not store CO2 cartridges or CO2 airguns in a hot car or any place they could become overheated. The cartridges can rupture and cause serious injury.
5. Use Caution When Removing a CO2 Cartridge: Most manufacturers recommend removing the CO2 cartridge after ending your shooting sessions, but don't simply pull out a full CO2 cartridge! The gas inside is very cold and can freeze on your hands. You can easily overcome this issue by repeatedly pulling the trigger to exhaust any leftover CO2 before removing the cartridge.
6. Do Not Take Apart your Airgun: Most CO2 guns are not made to be disassembled. Doing so may void the warranty and cause your airgun to malfunction. If you have any questions or issues with a CO2 air gun, call our customer support at (888) 262-4867.
For More Information about your CO2 Airgun Click the links below:
Get FREE shipping on qualifying orders!
Any order $150+ with a shipping address in the contiguous US
will receive the option for free ground shipping during checkout.
Certain restrictions apply.
Additionally, receive free no-hassle shipping for orders under 10 pounds, between $120 - $149 and with a shipping address in the contiguous US including P.O. boxes and military APO, FPO and DPO destinations. Certain restrictions apply.
Free shipping may not be combined with a coupon unless stated otherwise.
View Shipping Info
We work hard to get all orders placed by 12 pm EST out the door within 24 hours on weekdays
because we know how excited you are to receive your order.
Weekends and holiday shipping times will vary.
During busy holidays, we step our efforts to ship all orders as fast as possible, but you may experience an additional 1-2 day delay before your order ships. This may also happen if you change your order during processing.
View Shipping Times
It's important to know that due to state and local laws, there are certain restrictions for various products.
It's up to you to research and comply with the laws in your state, county, and city.
If you live in a state or city where air guns are treated as firearms you may be able to take advantage of our FFL special program.
U.S. federal law requires that all airsoft guns are sold with a 1/4-inch blaze orange muzzle or an orange flash hider to avoid the guns being mistaken for firearms.
View Shipping Restrictions
We have a team of expert technicians and a complete repair shop that are able to service a large variety of brands/models of airguns.
Additionally, we are a factory-authorized repair/warranty station for popular brands such as
Air Arms, Air Venturi, Crosman, Diana, Seneca, and Weihrauch airguns.
Our experts also offer exclusive 10-for-$10 Test and 20-for-$20 Service, which evaluates your air gun prior to leaving our warehouse. You'll be able to add these services as you place your order.
View Service Info
Shop and purchase with confidence knowing that all of our air guns (except airsoft) are protected
by a minimum 1-year manufacturer's warranty from the date of purchase unless otherwise noted on the product page.
A warranty is provided by each manufacturer to ensure that your product is free of defect in both materials and workmanship.
View Warranty Details
Didn't get what you wanted or have a problem? We've got you covered!
Return any item in new condition along with its original packaging and any accessories
that might have come with your air gun and receive a full product refund within 60 days of purchase
or, if you'd prefer, exchange for another product.
Our customer service team can help determine the best course of action and provide you with some options in the event you're interested in an exchange.
Learn About Returns
Join the Pyramyd Air mailing list: Our e-mails are filled with new products, deals, sneak peeks, tips and tricks, contests and more - sign up today!
Airgun safety is no accident. You must be 18 years or older to buy any air gun or air rifle in our store.
Text JOIN to 91256 and get $10 Off Your Next $50+ Order.