- KWA AKG-KCR rifle
- Force Velocity green gas system
- Full-auto and semi-auto selection
- 40rd banana magazine
- 14 rounds per second firing rate
- AK side optic Picatinny mount
- Elevation-adjustable flip-up front sight
- Windage-adjustable rear sight
- 5-position LE stock
- Telescoping stock (35.50" to 38.75")
- Left and right quick-disconnect sling points on buffer tube
- 3-position Picatinny rail system
- Left-side Galil-style manual thumb safety
- M249-style pistol grip
- Type 4 adjustable hop-up system
- Full metal alloy lower receiver and flat top rail dust cover
- Can be realistically field-stripped
The venerable AK design has withstood the test of time, however it falls short in fulfilling modern needs. Custom shops recognized the need to modernize the relaiable AK platform, and have introduced several key modifications.
First, the gas piston has been extended to reduce the felt recoil. An AR15-style rear sight was added and moved to the rear of the dust cover. This allows for windage adjustment and increases the sight radius by 64%. The added Galil-style thumb safety as well as an M249-style pistol grip add to the realism. The stock has been changed out to an AR15 carbine stock tube for the installation of AR15 retractable stocks.
The KWA AKG-KCR is based on the KWA AKG platform, but with an AR15-style rear sight, then moved to the rear of the dust cover. You get windage adjustment and improved accuracy with the increased sight radius. With the help of the improved sights, you can make good use of the incredibly accurate Type 4 hop-up system.
The Galil-style thumb safety and M249 style pistol grip make it easier to select firing modes. The AKG side-folding stock has been replaced with a mil-spec carbine stock tube. You can adjust the length of pull and can customize the AKG-KCR with a variety of AR15 retractable stocks. The 3-positition Picatinny rail and a flat top railed dust cover are additional features to modernize the AK design.