You readers are so smart. Let’s see how smart you are. The report today is in the form of a pop quiz. I want to see if you have learned anything.
You can give me only one answer per comment. This keeps the earlybirds from answering everything and ruining it for the guys who get on later. There may be more than one right answer per question.
1. You just installed a new scope and your rifle that used to be accurate now shoots large groups. What could be wrong?
2. My CO2 gun has a slow leak. If I fill it at night it’s empty by morning. Is there anything I can do?
3. Do breakbarrels ever shoot higher than the scope can compensate? Why? (counts as one question)
4. Why doesn’t the power of a multi-pump increase with more pump strokes after the recommended max.?
5. What does boxing the scope’s reticle mean? Why do it? (counts as one question)
6. How does a single stage trigger differ from a single action trigger?
7. In a breakbarrel rifle what is the air transfer port and what does it do?
8. If a pellet hits the target at a certain point on the target at 10 meters, what will a heavier pellet do? Why?
9. If a pellet hits the target at a certain point on the target at 10 meters, what will a lighter pellet do? Why?
10. In as few words as possible, describe the artillery hold.
11. How does a two stage trigger differ from a double action trigger?
12. If steel BBs go a certain speed from a gun, why do lighter Dust Devil BBs go slower?
13. If steel BBs go a certain speed from a gun, why do heavier Smart Shot BBs go faster?
14. I am new to airguns but I’ve been shooting handguns for a long time. I want an accurate air pistol for my suburban back yard. What would you recommend and why?
15. I just bought a .177 caliber Air Venturi Avenger to plink with and rid my back yard of wasps. I have to scope it because it has no sights. What do you recommend?
16. I am at a gun show where a local dealer is selling a UTG Bubble Leveler scope for a great price. Is it just a gimmick, or does it really work?
17. My new house has a basement that’s 20 yards long. I convinced my wife to let me shoot pellet rifles (I have a .22-caliber Benjamin Marauder) and BB guns, as long as I was safe and didn’t create a mess. What recommendations do you have?
18. I’ve been invited to hunt feral hogs on my brother-in-law’s farm. He wants me to use an airgun for safety. I don’t own a big bore air rifle, but this is too good to pass up. What should I get?
19. BB has said that used airguns are often a good buy. Nobody near my house in Kansas City sells airguns — new or used. What can I do?
20. I see these arrow launcher air rifles online. Are they any good? I want to hunt pigs with them.
- Accessories (980)
- Ammo (823)
- Big Game Hunting (219)
- CO2 (517)
- Competition (1,358)
- Crossbow (35)
- DIY (395)
- Education / Training (4,204)
- Flashlights and Optics (308)
- Fun (935)
- History (625)
- Maintenance (305)
- Multi Pump (237)
- PCP (663)
- Single-Stroke (101)
- Special/Unique (772)
- Spring (1,225)
- Videos (46)