by Tom Gaylord
Writing as B.B. Pelletier
This report covers:
- Air Arms End Cap tool for the S410/510
- Air Arms piston seal tool
- Seneca tool for ring nuts
- Beeman R9 end cap plug removal tool
- Gene’s special tool
- FWB 124 compression chamber scraper
- Another scraper
- BSA mainspring assembly tool
Today’s report was inspired by Gene Salvino, the senior technician at Pyramyd Air. He showed me the pellet removal tool he made from a broken .177 Dewey cleaning rod and asked me to show it to you. I did in Part One of the 2019 Pyramyd Air Cup report and there was so much interest that I decided a report on special tools was in order. Now this comes on a Friday, so there is all weekend for you to post pictures of, and tell us about your own special tools.
I will start with the tools I’m the least familiar with. Then I’ll finish with a couple tools I have made myself and used over the years. Let’s get started.